Happy Holidays

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm Repeating Myself

I ordered another triangle ruler from one of my favorite online stores.  This one has a 90 degree corner.  I saw a pattern that I want to use my green bali prints to make a quilt for our cottage bed.  I could use a regular ruler and work with the diagonal line, but having a special ruler seemed likely to work faster.  At the same time I saw a pattern book for making strip quilts, so I ordered that too.  Yesterday both orders arrived and I was surprised to read that my book is all about making quilts using the kind of ruler that I'd just bought.

I have a jelly roll and honey bun of Oh Cherry Oh by Moda.  So I've started sewing them into strips to make a scrap quilt of my own design using a combination of the patterns in the book.  I think I'll use a page from my friend's book and keep building the quilt until I run out of fabric; it's that or make two.  I'll keep you posted.

After I finished sewing the Max and Whiskers quilt I paused to clean up my sewing room.  You know, get rid of the dust bunnies and bits of fabric and thread.  That also means reorganizing the stacks of fabric, like put some away and pull some others out.  It's like rotating the stock.  It never ceases to amaze me that I've got so much fabric waiting (hidden) in different places.  It's then that I vow not to buy anymore fabric until I reduce or use what I already have.  

I know I've said that before, but it bears repeating. . . it's so-o much fun to buy fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment