Happy Holidays

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chocolate rules

Many moons ago an idea popped into my head.  It appears after a lunch date with friends at our favorite Cracker Barrel restaurant.  While perusing the gift shop area I found a cotton hand towel with an embroidered message in pink and brown.  The message:  "Put the chocolate in the bag and no one will get hurt."  My creative side said that could be incorporated into a quilt.

For the next few days I searched about the internet looking for chocolaty browns and pinks to complement the embroidered design.  That adventure was fun and fantastic because it brought new fabrics to my door via the mailman.  Since those days my idea has gotten lost among other fabulous ideas and the fabric has been forced into the background, but certainly not forgotten; after all I really need another quilt, especially a chocolate one.




This week it's time to bring those fabrics to the table because I've found the perfect pattern to use.  I will place the fussy cut sayings into 6 inch squares and create two more panels to balance them in the center and then surround them with 8x10 blocks.

These blocks are all made from the delicious and colorful fabrics I've collected.  Just working with them makes me want to load up on Hershey bars or Whitman Samplers.

The backing is a busy print with trays of bon bons, lollipops, stars, flowers and little ribbons on a pink background.  It's all so delicious looking.  I'm thinking about quilting it with hearts and swirls.

And when it finished I'll snuggle under it and dream of visions of mouthwatering treats that could add pounds to my hips just thinking about them.  Then I'll go back to the internet and see if I can find fabric with runners and weight lifters so I can work off those added pounds while I snuggle under that one.  It's all about the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment