Happy Holidays

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Vol 4

Just ready in time to make a few quilts of your own design for the holidays.  It's ready to hit the racks in your favorite quilt store.  Inside are lots of beautiful and fun quilt blocks to pair together or just choose the same one.

I volunteered as a tester for Volume 4 and once again had a great time sewing blocks and using my own color combinations.  Some of them were sewn at the cottage where there was just enough electricity to run my little featherweight machine and not quite enough to heat an iron.  To use an iron I had to plug into the generator.  That meant I was ironing on a make shift board in the workshop or standing out in the woods under the trees next to the generator.  Where there's a will there's a way!

While paper pieced blocks are truly not my favorite, I did manage to construct this one and was quite pleased with my efforts.  It's very Christmasy, although it was not my intention.


 This block was so easy and very fresh looking.  The bit of applique changed it from simple to exciting.


One of the blocks is going to become a partnered project between my summer time friend, Sharon and myself.  We've decided on a pastel, flowery fabric and will work over the winter each making 24 blocks to exchange 12 and then complete our quilts in time for show and tell next summer when we both arrive back on the island at our cottages.  I'll keep you up to date as I work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment