Happy Holidays

Friday, November 4, 2011

Comforting Chocolate--Uhmmm!

I went to bed last night thinking about my chocolate quilt.  The photo of it looked a bit out of balance because there was so much white in the center.  So I made another decision right before I dropped off to sleep to convert the corners into white blocks with diagonal squares leading to the center. 




This afternoon I worked on the last part of it and finished it up, sandwiched it and now it's ready to have some quilting work done on.  I'm thinking that I'll post it on The Quilter Magazine website.  It was their magazine that I found the idea to begin my project.  Of course I changed it a bit to my satisfaction, but then that's what you're supposed to do, right?

Forget Love, I'd rather fall in Chocolate

It won't be long before the binding is applied and the quilt will be put into use.  


My next piecing project will be using a pattern called China Girl from the Jan/Feb 2011 issue of Love of Quilting.  I had started piecing it back in the spring and then moved onto other things.  I'm using a honey bun of Moda's Gobble Gobble.  Gotta work fast before I get the urge to buy, buy, buy.  Maybe I can catch up with my list of planned projects if I hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment