Happy Holidays

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Challenged is . . .

The other day I submitted my tested "challenge" foundation block and confessed to my editor that this was not my favorite technique.  I even went as far as saying if I made a quilt using this technique no one would be allowed to touch the quilt once I finished.  Most likely I'd be sitting in a corner clutching it hysterically.

So I'm guessing that the editor decided to ease up on me and sent a new foundation block to test that was much easier but still not my favorite method.  If I were to make a quilt using this block it would be OK to touch this one--maybe.

Perhaps I'll get better at it if I keep on trying.  My good friend T in Fort McMurray has offered to show me a few tips on how to make that method work for me.  Until then I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the next few blocks will be to my liking.  In any event, I really am having fun sewing blocks and have found several that I like and will eventually get around to planning a quilt with some of that good stash I have.

The new iPad will be released in another week.  I've been wanting one so I can use the Quilting app to design a few quilts and also catalog my ever growing thimble and stash collection.

1 comment:

  1. You're so funny. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm sure it'll get easier with practice.

    ReplyDelete