Happy Holidays

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Dreaded Paperwork

After I finished the last dreaded foundation block I submitted my evaluation and hoped that my editor would send me a new assignment to work on over the weekend.  Perhaps she's read between the lines and gave me time to recover from my stress, or maybe she waits for the two other testers to report in so she can send us the new assignment at the same time.  Could it be they also dislike that technique?

The fabrics I used for the block are all oranges and yellows.  They are the same ones I'm using to make my flip flop quilt.  My daughter-in-law loves those colors so I know for sure she'd appreciate a quilt in those hues.  In a few weeks I'll be able to share my finished block.  However, I couldn't entice myself to make a whole quilt using that technique.  So Lola if you're reading this don't be sad I may be encouraged to part with the flip flop one.  This weekend I was able to finish making the log cabin blocks I need for the border to that quilt.  In the next few days I'll be able to put them together and then make a decision on what to do next.  That's how my quilts get created, one decision at a time.  I often begin with a plan that changes as I go.  It's the quilt that directs me.  It's like trying to dress a teenage girl, it says "Oh, no I couldn't wear that!

A sample of my colors

The weather for the past few days has been rainy, really rainy.  Our cars are parked in the middle of a lake.  The dogs would really love to be out there but each time we go out they just sit on the porch and stare off into the rain.  Occasionally they will take off after a squirrel but they give up the chase quickly and return to the porch.  They liked it better when it snowed.



1 comment: