Happy Holidays

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Posting and Sharing Projects

Somewhere along the line I received an ad for an online quilting course to learn how to strip paper piece.  This is about the most trying technique I've used.  I thought this might be an opportunity to learn an easier, less stressful way to get the job done.  So I signed up for the course.

Three chapters into the course the instructor was still talking about herself and tools that will be helpful.  I thought while she's blathering on I'll just go to the pattern section and download what I need.  I was right in the middle of my task when a message popped up on the screen saying, "I see you are busy with another task would you like to pause this lesson?"  Good grief, "big mother" is watching, I felt like I'd been caught passing a note in class.  At least I didn't get detention.

The second benefit to this course is finding access to a site called Craftsy.  I can peruse the project section and see what other quilters, and crafters, have done.  There are loads of ideas and comments to enjoy.  Some even give instructions or help to find information about making their project.  I decided to post one of my own projects just to see how involved it was.  To my surprise it was so much fun that I began adding more.

It wasn't to long after the first few projects were added that I began to have followers and a few were leaving me messages.  Most comment that they like my work and a few ask questions or exchange stories.  It's kind of like FB, but without the personal posts that are uninvited.

Craftsy offers online courses, workshops, deals on materials like yarn and fabric, and a blog in addition to the projects that I'm really enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment