Happy Holidays

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Patchwork Play

 Am I ADD?  I think not.  I think I am very good at multi-tasking.
Bright colors to play with
Pattern combinations

I always tend to have several projects on the go at the same time.  I even keep a list so I won't forget to get back to working on them.  It's such a good feeling to be able to cross off the finished ones, that's because I'm always starting something new.  At this time I have about 22 projects going.

I like to hand quilt so there is always a pile of finished tops waiting their turn to be started.  (currently there are 2)  Once they finally get to the quilting stage they always have to share that step with several others  (now there are 4).  I can't concentrate on just one quilt at a time, it's boring.  I work on several switching from one to another whenever I get tired of looking at the fabric.

A few summers ago I started work on a flip flop quilt.  It required that I hand applique 16 pairs of sandals on small panels.  I got about three finished and slowed to a stand still on that job; but it was on my list to get back to.   Recently I learned that I could applique by machine and the project was back on.

Now my sandals are complete and the center of the quilt has been sewn together.  It's time to add a border to make it bigger.  I'm working on making orange and yellow log cabin blocks that will measure 7 inches square for the border.  After they are in place I'm thinking I'll need one more border to complete it --maybe, and then it moves onto the quilting pile.

1 comment: