Happy Holidays

Monday, February 21, 2011

Baby Boys

For baby Michael in Fort McMurray

For baby Liam in Athabasca

February has been a month that welcomed two baby boys into the lives of our friends.  I've been at work over the past few months putting together a quilt for each.  The quilts are almost finished and now the push is on to complete them so they can be put to use.

Last summer when each mom announced they were expecting I hoped at least one of them would be a girl.  I spent a long time at the TruValue store in LaRonge (the only place in town that sells fabric) choosing just the right combination for a pink little girl quilt.  And then word arrived that boys were expected.  I had to do a bit of reorganizing my colors.

My best quilts are those that put the pressure on to make substitutions for decisions already made.  I had to dig around in my stash to come up with blues to add.  This was not an easy task as I'd recently tried to use up all of my blues by making a scrap quilt for the cottage.  Now I'm going to have to plan a pink one to reduce all of the pink fabric, unless someone is planning to have a baby girl in the near future.

1 comment: