Happy Holidays

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fragrant Mail

Homemade soaps by Inspired Notions of Canada 
Lola, my daughter-in-law launched her own soap business at the end of 2010, called Inspired Notions.  It was the perfect time of the year as people were looking for special gifts for the holidays.

Today's trip to the mailbox at the end of our property was like a breath of spring--literally.  When I opened the mailbox a lovely fresh smell flowed forth along with the letters and catalogs.  I knew without looking at the return address that my order of homemade soaps had arrived from Canada.

As I walked home across the field I wondered if all of the postal workers from here to Edmonton had paused to sniff my package.  That alone could account for the extra time it took to get here.

Each soap has its own name and fragrance.  Names like Zen, Healing, Love, Serenity, Whimsy and Druid.  However, after spending time together in the package the fragrances have intermingled creating a new unique one.  To help them regain their original identity I separated them to give them time to breathe. (I think I had to do that with my kids too, but it was so I could breathe.)  All moms know of what I speak.

If you're interested in learning more about these soaps you can read a full description at this website:  http://www.inspiredsoaps.com/  

2 comments:

  1. You're so funny.

    I'm glad they arrived so quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going into Lola's office/stock room for the same reason. Such a wonderful melange of smells.

    ReplyDelete