Happy Holidays

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Experiencing Spring X 2

Plume tree blossoms
I worried that spring would never come while we were at our house in PA.  I watched for daffodils to bloom but they hardly made a showing.  Then my gardening expert friend told me that I shouldn't have cropped back the leaves last year.  I'd stolen their ability to produce a full bloom for this year.  Lesson learned I won't attack them again.  Next year will be beautiful.














Canadian Anemones
Now that we're safely perched on our island in Saskatchewan spring is popping again.  We arrived in time to see the fruit trees bloom and the chives and anemones are happily looking skyward.

They are blooming profusely all over the beach and the garden area.  Each year they spread farther and wider.  It's a great welcoming sight.

I've learned to identify a crop of wildflowers not previously known to me in the US.  However this year a new and exciting flower appeared near the new cottage we've built.  It's very showy and magnificent.


Here is my newest challenge.  I've got to research this beauty and give it a name.  In the meantime, I'll protect it and hope it can reproduce and return for more admirers to enjoy next spring

2 comments:

  1. It almost looks exotic! Let us know when you find a name for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Lady Slipper! It belongs to the orchid family.

    ReplyDelete