Happy Holidays

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Oops! I did it again

Brittany Spears became popular with her rendition of this song, but I'm singing those same words for another reason.  I vowed to cut down on the amount of fabric I have stashed.  I made a resolution to make a list of the projects I have on the go and not to begin any more until the list gets shorter and the projects are gifted.  No more fabric comes into the house until a lot more gets used up.

Well . . .  then my friend is going to a grandmother again and I had to add a baby quilt to my projects.  It's her daughter's first baby and that requires a special made quilt for the new arrival.  OK, one more small project isn't so bad, no one will notice another on my long list.  I'll just squeeze it in between the lines.

I'd even given away two small bright lap quilts in an effort to reduce the piles of quilts around home.  Bright and full of funny dinosaurs I thought would be perfect for another friend to pass on to her young grandchildren.  I only give my quilts to people whom I know will love and appreciate them.  Some of my gifted quilts have ended up on people's walls; that's real appreciation.  And that's exactly where she wanted to put the dinosaur quilts--and yes they did show well against the buttery yellow wall she chose.

A vintage farm house surrounded by garden paths that roam through rhododendrons, azaleas and perennials of all colors deserves a quilt that is as soft and inviting as gardens outside.  So with great enthusiasm I promised to make a  quilt for that special wall space.


Gorgeous woodland azaleas

Oops,  I did it again.  I added another quilt to my list.  (Can't you just hear Brittany singing those words?)  Not only did I promise, but I came home, grabbed my computer and spent the evening searching my favorite on-line shops for fabric to make the perfect special quilt for my good friends.  No more resolutions for me, I'll just have to work harder and faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment